Founded in 2001, BlueOrchard Finance is a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Singapore, Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact. Become a part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Nairobi, Kenya as
Senior Investment Professional – Infrastructure
In this role, you will represent BlueOrchard’s Infrastructure business unit in Africa and be responsible for the origination and execution of equity and debt transactions with an initial focus on renewable energy and waste management. Based in Nairobi, you will report directly to the SVP Infrastructure and will work closely with BlueOrchard’s local investment teams.
- Establish, develop and represent BlueOrchard’s pan-African infrastructure investment practice, including supporting the hiring of a local team;
- Generate deal ideas in collaboration with the team;
- Be responsible for the local sourcing effort and the evaluation of potential investments;
- Lead the preparation of investment memos for the Investment Committee;
- Assume responsibility of transactions post investment (asset management, board representation, exit).
Required skills and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience with a leading firm in Africa focused on project finance, banking, energy private equity, energy consulting or infrastructure asset management firm;
- Strong regional network among financial investors, advisors and project developers;
- Track record of sourcing, negotiating and executing infrastructure transactions across the African continent;
- Managerial experience within fund management companies, including ability to assemble and lead a team of investment professionals;
- Fluency in English, French is an asset.
Your personal profile
- Proactive, high energy, self-confident and entrepreneurial mind-set;
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively develop a business unit;
- Passion for Impact Investing and Emerging Markets.
Deadline for application is 31.1.2019.