Founded in 2001, BlueOrchard is a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Singapore, Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact.
We invite you to become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Tbilisi, Georgia as
Research Associate/Credit Risk - Monitoring
As a member of the global risk team, you will be assisting in the monitoring of country risks and the review of the borrowers’ performance across all funds managed by BlueOrchard. Furthermore, you will collaborate on the production of timely and highly relevant reports for distribution internally and externally, all in line with best industry practice.
- Receive and verify monthly, quarterly and annual reports from borrowers;
- Approve reports for completeness of the information;
- Review and analyze financial performance and trends and inform line managers about any deviation from the standard covenant targets and acceptable performance guidelines;
- Liaise with borrowers to provide training for BlueOrchard’s online reporting tool;
- Monitor country risks on a global basis;
- Assist in country risk reporting through the monitoring of country risks on a global basis.
Supporting the maintenance of the credit risk management framework
- In collaboration with supervisors and the investment team, define a strategy for each borrower identified as “higher risk”;
- Assist in the preparation of covenant waivers and amendment requests as required, based on projections and discussion with borrowers;
- Assist in the preparation of provisioning recommendations using BlueOrchard’s methodologies.
- Support the production of relevant reports in timely fashion using BlueOrchard’s proprietary tools, focused on performance trends and red flags;
- Other monitoring reports as required by BlueOrchard.
Portfolio and Investors Reporting:
- Contribute to the analysis of portfolios across funds and reporting to supervisors, portfolio managers and investors;
- Assist in the production of specialized Fund reports, as required.
Required skills and experience
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in financial analysis or audit of financial institutions, experience in financial analysis of companies in other sectors is a plus;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel; knowledge of other financial analysis applications and design software programs is a plus;
- Prior exposure to credit risk management and/or financial due diligences is desirable;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, knowledge of another regional language(s) is a plus;
- Degree, preferably advanced, in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, self-starter with strong work ethics and positive energy;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Consistent high attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines under time pressure.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is December 14, 2018.