BlueOrchard was founded in 2001 by initiative of the UN as the first commercial manager of microfinance debt investments worldwide and since evolved into a leading impact investment manager. The firm is dedicated to fostering inclusive and sustainable growth while providing attractive returns for its investors. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, BlueOrchard has offices in Cambodia, Georgia, Peru, Kenya, Luxembourg, Singapore and Geneva. To date, the company has deployed over USD 5bn in impact investments across 80 emerging and frontier markets, enabling social impact. Become part of this unique success story and join our fast-growing company in Phnom Penh, Cambodia as
Senior Investment Officer (Analytics)
South East Asia
As a member of the regional investment team, you will perform or lead the planning and undertaking the on-site due diligence and prepare full investment proposals to assess the feasibility and completion of debt investment opportunities, in South and South East Asia.
- Perform desk review and on-site analysis to assess risk of existing and potential clients for the Region;
- Plan, prepare and conduct due diligence visits, perform country and credit risk analysis;
- Mentor, support and work with the local team of investment officers, as well as contribute to the development of investment/ credit analysis processes and tools of the Company.
Required skills and experience
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience in banking, microfinance, insurance or economic development sectors; ideally of which at least 5 years should be specifically in the Region;
- Experience in performing financial due diligences and/or risk assessments on financial institutions;
- Experience with assessing debt investments and conducting detailed credit analysis;
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills required to effectively manage internal and external communication;
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English, additional language(s) are a plus;
- Degree, preferably advanced, in finance, business administration, economics, or related field.
Your personal profile
- Flexible, highly analytical, self-starter with ambition to excel, detail oriented and a developed commercial acumen;
- High work ethic, capable of multitasking and producing high quality output within set deadlines;
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of responsibility and accountability;
- Willingness to live in Phnom Penh and ability to frequently undertake work related travels in the Region.
Please apply in ENGLISH, including CV and cover letter via www.blueorchard.com/about-us/careers/
Deadline for application is December 9, 2018.